Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First day of training for summer goal

I set myself a longterm goal with this diet and now I am ready to switch gears to the next phase.  I tested myself today and did a good 7.5 mile hike without one break in a little over 2 hours.  That means I was kicking an under than 20 minute mile pace which is exactly where I want to be.  This was a pretty good hike and had some nice elevation climbs but nothing like I am going to have to do this summer.  The pic above is Rae Lakes.  I am hoping to do a nice backpacking trip there this summer with some friends and that is my longterm goal.  The route is HERE and it looks amazing.  This would be awesome and I am very happy that I was able to kick out a good hike today.  Things are alot easier now that I am about 55 pounds lighter :).

No comments:

Post a Comment