Friday, February 4, 2011

First serious attempt at a run

I headed out a couple days ago to try and do my first 5 mile trail run.  I wasn't really expecting to run the whole deal but I do want to make it up the first hill.   This is a place in San Jose called; QuickSilver, it has some brutal hills but it is gorgeous.  I was able to do the whole trail but I could not run up the entire first hill.  Unfortunately two beautiful girls started running behind me as I was going which got me going a little too fast to keep pace with them causing me to die out after the first .5 miles of uphill.  Then they just motored past me and cruised straight up this brutal hill.  After that ego blast I recovered and got going again, power-walking the hill and then running a good mile until I walked again.  Overall, it was a success since I finished the 5 mile loop and did some serious hill climbs.  I had forgotten how rough it is to actually run on trails compared to the street so this was a good lesson.  I am hoping that I have some time today to sneak out and try another trail but things are pretty hectic. I was happy that I finished the hills, didn't barf and wasnt that sore the next day.  I think the WiiFit even with all its silliness is really helping my knee and ankle strength since I am having none of the old pains I used to have there.

No comments:

Post a Comment